Friday 14 February 2014

Welcome back to our blogs my colleagues. I'm so happy that Dr.Maha is our instructor in this course . Throughout the different courses of this diploma.,I asked myself several times about the best way  to integrate technology in teaching, how to use it to facilitate learning, to change our students  from being dependent  to be independent learners. I found out that the best way is to begin with some vital and important steps which I consider them my short term goals  

* First of all, I think I should establish a good understanding to the role of technology in  self and remote learning in addition to the familiar mission of communicating with others.

   * I will show my students the other beneficial  side of technology in learning and that it is not for amusement only, and that could be achieved through every technological tool in their hands or the available media.

  * I need to learn more efficiently about the best and the shortest way of finding information  about certain topics as I still find some difficulty in this. 

* I will help my students to recognize the framework of  different resources that will  help them to build their own opinions or support their writing or even take photos or videos from (  e.g. a magazine, a newspaper, a book, a website,..etc) . I will do this to prepare them to the next step which is teaching them the rules of copyright and avoiding plagiarism, and I think learning these rules of quoting or paraphrasing will extend to be a long term goal during their the students' work.
  
* For myself I need to decide  how to divide my classes into groups and how I will take a permission to surf the internet during the school periods and  how many periods I will take to show them the different sites and discuss with them the frames of the resources. How I will convince my students to learn new ways of acquiring knowledge or information or  to share in  an additional work in this short term.
 
* I need to know more about assessment and find out more educational websites that  can be used later on a larger scale.

On the long run,  I'm going to encourage them to set up their own blogs  as means to follow up their work or  their own portfolios as personal means to publish  anything they want about themselves.

* Also  I will direct myself and my students as well to find other new technological tools that we can benefit from or communicate by.


















1 comment:

  1. Hi, most of these goals are ones we can try to address this semester inshallah

    ReplyDelete