Monday 5 November 2012

This session was great.  It reminded us with our early years of learning. Although I love Arabic language and Arabic poetry, I found it wasn't easy to teach it. But there was a great difference between the two ways of teaching . In the past we learnt Arabic by repeating , elicitation, dictating  words but now We use  modern technology to teach Arabic Alphabet and words. We tried with much effort to design the best outline for  teaching . We were integrated in the work to the extent that we forget we are English teachers not Arabic. We collaborated to find the easiest and effective way to teach   However, what made laughed and feel ashamed at the same time that we find it perplexing to teach our own native language.  

8 comments:

  1. Collaboration leads to new ideas then to achieve something after that all of us feel great.Teamwork is fun and fruitful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Elham. Co operation, different learning experiences,exchanging ideas and information results in good resultant and valuable outcome.

      Delete
  2. Hello Mervat.Thnx for the invitation.I agree with Elham team work is always the better solution for everything we only need to be part of a team and try to work with them .You is one idea all are an opinion.Take care*_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are most welcome Riham. I hope we will work together in one team and never seek individual achievements because team work is always better and has better sequences than separate or individual work, But I don't understand your final point. Of what should I take care?

      Delete
  3. You are right Mervat. I haven't imagined that teaching my own native language would be more difficult than teaching English.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I feel Mohammad. Arabic language is more difficult and I wonder how we were taught this language, what our instructors did to teach us Arabic? I think it was a valuable experience to test your knowledge of your native language.

      Delete
  4. Great to know that you enjoyed this activity Mervat. Sometimes it is difficult to transfer skills, but not impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course Dr Joyanne,I enjoyed working with my colleagues in a team to produce a good piece of work. I also enjoyed exchanging opinions,knowledge and different backgrounds to teach Arabic. Thank you for giving us this chance.

    ReplyDelete